- Attendees from all backgrounds, genders, and geographies are welcome. There is no age restriction to attend the hackathon.
- Committee members are not eligible to participate in the hackathon. They may, however, assist teams as mentors during the coding/development phase.
- There is no country restriction but you must be eligible to receive prizes (in case you win) and you are responsible for paying any taxes on the prize winnings.
- Teams can consist of at least two team members to a maximum of five members.
- You can find team members on ETHTaipei Find-A-Team channel on Discord.
- We will also have events leading up to the hackathon to help you find team members.
- Your project must be related to the challenges set by the hackathon. See Challenges tab on the Taikai platform.
- You will have free co-working spaces available during the hacking period April 21 - 23. You must register to enter.
- All projects and assets must be submitted by the deadline on April 23rd to be eligible for prizes.
- All teams should have a team name, and be registered with Takai.
- The team page listing should have the following:
- The team lead must list contact information for us to contact you during the hackathon.
- All team members will be listed with brief biographies.
- Short abstract of the project
- The challenge category if applicable
- Any assets used in the project
- Any libraries used in the project
- A link to the team Github repository
- A link to a video of a demo
Attendee Code of Conduct
We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion or lack thereof. We will not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks. ETHTaipei participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from ETHTaipei without a refund at the discretion of the organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Invasion of personal space
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, ETHTaipei organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from ETHTaipei Hackathon.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Harassment and other Code of Conduct violations reduce the value of ETHTaipei Hackathon for everyone. Organizers wants you to be happy at our event. You can make a report either personally or anonymously through the below methods:
- Staff will be identified at the event.
In our commitment to a harassment-free and inclusive environment, the Organizers strongly believes it is important to pay attention to harmful language patterns and an intersectional view on discriminations that rarely happen only one-sided. ETHTaipei Hackathon understand that our list of isms below is by far not complete and believe it is a basic start to raise awareness at our events.
The conference has various photographers and videographers present at the venue for visual documentation of the event. Pictures and videos will be published on the conferences’ websites and social media channels.
Asking to have your picture removed after the conference
If after the event you find a published picture of yourself that you would like to have removed, please let us know on our Support channel on Discord.
Respect others’ choice to be in photos or not
Please respect other people’s privacy, boundaries and choice about their willingness to be in pictures. In case of any doubt, please ask before taking photographs of anyone.