Building The Future, an event sponsored by Microsoft and built by imatch, has taken on the challenge of Digitally Transforming Portugal since 2019. After 3 editions, the themes and trends may have changed, but our mission remains the same: empowering people and companies through technology.
Building the Future Hackathon had its very 1st edition last year. Due to its success, we want to keep counting on you to help us build the future! This year we've teamed up with Upcoming Energies powered by Galp and we will count on the expertise of InnoEnergy to launch the challenge of developing a Low Carbon Future.
Today we are truly aware of the importance of reducing our carbon footprint. But talking about it isn’t enough anymore – action is necessary. Upcoming Energies wants to shift the paradigm for the entire energy system and contribute to a carbon neutral world, moving from fossil fuels to an energy based on renewable sources.
This year, in the Building the Future Hackathon we are counting on your disruptive ideas to help us develop a low carbon future. We challenge you and your team to push the boundaries of technology and come up with innovative solutions to a Low Carbon Future in the following areas:
- EV batteries | A tool/solution that mitigate challenges for second life application of EV batteries to maximize their usage in an efficient and environmentally friendly way;
- Financing the energy transition | A tool/solution/software that helps facilitate and make more accessible the acquisition of clean energy assets through financing (rooftop solar panels, batteries, etc.);
- Finding the best locations for solar communities | A tool/solution/software to identify privileged solar spots/locations with the best potential to develop urban solar communities;
- Alternative solar PV solutions | A tool/software/solution to improve spatial planning for renewables and alternative solar PV solutions;
- Optimization of Hydrogen Refueling Stations | A tool/solution/software to best manage the station operation and the customer experience (availability for a filling, maintenance status, amount of hydrogen available on the storages, fleet management status, statistic on refueling, etc.).
Find out more on the Categories section.
Create your project page and tell us about:
- The problem
- The value proposition
- The solution
- The technology
- The team
Develop your solution on Microsoft Azure and update your project page with:
- Conclusions and Results
- Demo video
- Any other relevant documentation
Find out more on the Timeline section.
- Innovation potential
- Problem-solution fit
- Progress and Functionality
- Pitch Impact
STEPS TO WIN THE PRIZE
- First, you need to create your account on TAIKAI. This is the platform where we will be hosting the Hackathon, and where you will be uploading documents and completing your project page and profile. Once you do it, you'll be able to complete your individual registration by filling out the registration form;
- Form your team or join an existing one through the TAIKAI matchmaking process;
- Submit your idea for the project by March 6th. The mentors will help you create it, make sure you meet with them! Check if you have all the deliverables and submit your project page;
- If your project is among the best ideas, your team will be a finalist and compete for the prize against the other teams during the Development phase. You will be hacking on Microsoft Azure;
- Submit your project and the expected deliverables by the end of the development stage;
- Create and present your pitch to the jury in the final event;
- Win the prize!