🧑🚀 Workplace of the future 🧑🚀
We're looking for the innovators that will shape the future of hybrid remote work.
xgeeks, Startup Leiria and Câmara Municipal de Leiria come together to bring you the first (of many) Geekathon's edition - the hackathon that gathers all the geeks out there!
We challenge you to build the tools that will optimize remote hybrid work setups. The workplaces have changed drastically in the last 2 years and with it, opportunities to make work, day-to-day routines, and professional relationships are infinite. More than 125 million people around the world work more than 40 hours per week. The solution being built during this first edition of Geekathon might impact the next working generation! Let's do it?! 🚀
We’re looking for solutions that can range from communication to team building, to task management and other domains, you name it.
⏰ 24-hour hackathon
👉 20th November
10h – Teams check-in
12h – Event kick-off
12h30 – 24 hours of coding start! 💻
👉 21th November
12h30 – 24 hours of coding finish! ⏲️
14h – Project Presentations
16h30 – Awards ceremony
18h – After-event drinks
- 20th - 21st November 2021
The 3 best projects will be rewarded with (very cool) prizes 🥁
1000€ in electronic equipment for the winning team + 3 sets of 3 technical books (Clean Code, The Pragmatic Programmer, Refactoring, all the mandatory books for all software engineers!) + 3 cool special winners hoodies!
3 Sony WH1000XM headsets, one for each team member + 3 sets of 3 technical books (Clean Code, The Pragmatic Programmer, Refactoring, all the mandatory books for all software engineers!)
3 office working chairs to make sure crushing those bugs is not "too" demanding on you + 3 sets of 3 technical books (Clean Code, The Pragmatic Programmer, Refactoring, all the mandatory books for all software engineers!)
"Who will be evaluating my projects?", you wonder...
👉Miguel Loureiro, CTO of KI group HQ
👉Vítor Ferreira, General Manager at Startup Leiria
👉Bruno Oliveira, Head of Engineering at Cazoo
👉André Albuquerque, VP of Product at Kitch
🚀 What you can get from participating in Geekathon'21?
- Get to know xgeeks, Startup Leiria and Câmara Municipal de Leiria
- The opportunity to create something that might impact how the workforce of the future will produce
- Meet an awesome group of people that are also into technology
- Be presented to a lot of different (great) ideas, solutions, and products
- Learn from fellow colleagues!
👉 What you can expect from this 24-hour hackathon?
- Cool welcome kit
- Food and Drinks for this 24-hour marathon
- Gaming corner
- Great venue
- Awesome panel of judges
🤝 The Partners: who is making Geekathon'21 happen?
- Startup Leiria
- Câmara Municipal de Leiria
If you are interested in sponsoring the event, we're happy to talk to you! Please, reach out to us on [email protected].
👥 Who can participate?
Everyone that is interested in technology can be part of Geekathon'21!
- Students, Graduates, and Professionals from the field of computer science, telecommunications and software development
- People that are passionate about building solutions and creating impactful products
- Elements of each team need to be, at least, 18 years old.
- Participants need to present a negative covid test or Covid-19 certificate when joining the event.
🖊️ How to participate in Geekathon'21?
- To start with, you will need to register on Taikai.
- You and your team need to participate in the challenge: Geekathon'21
- Prepare everything to join us at Leiria's Municipal Stadium on November, 20th, 2021.
Check the timeline for more details on the agenda!
🔈 The official language of this Hackathon is English!
💡 The Challenge(s) 💡
You and your team will work for 24-hours to build a solution that will make the future of workplaces better. The submitted projects can either be a demo, presentation, or mockup of only one product/solution.
The challenge includes several categories that are merely an indication of the path each team can take. ⚠️ These are just guidelines, your project doesn't need to necessarily fit one of the following categories.
- Communication 👉 solutions that will aim to solve some communication topics that hybrid remote working imply, from async communication to documentation.
- Team Building 👉 solutions that will aim to bring people together on work setups and unify culture remotely.
- Task Management 👉 solutions that aim to make projects and respective tasks easily distributed and acknowledge across teams.
🔍 More information on the event
- Reach out to us via email if you have any questions, we're always happy to help: [email protected]