⏱Registration Phase 27th January – 21st February
Complete your individual registration by clicking on the button Join Challenge until the 21st February! Even if you're already part of a team, your registration is individual.
⏱Ideation Phase 19th February - 4th March
During this time you will need to form a team and discuss your idea for the project. If you are a Team Leader you should now create your project and add your Team Members; if you don't have a team and would like to be part of a project, you can use the Matchmaking feature to find a team. Find out how on the Resources section.
There will be an onboarding session explaining all you need to know to succeed in this hackathon - it will be uploaded on the 19th February. Make sure you watch it! Stay tuned through our updates.
By the end of the ideation phase, you must complete your TAIKAI Project Page and Description creating the following sections:
- The problem you are aiming to solve. The more detailed and backed by real numbers the better!
- The value proposition. What is the solution your bring and how is it innovative relating to what exists right now. What specific areas are you improving or changing? Overall, how does your project adds value to the world!
- How would it work. In practical terms, how would your solution and approach work?
- The technology (technical approach). What are the technologies you are using and how do they work in order to create the solution?
- The team. Let us know who are the innovators behind the project. Tell us a bit about yourselves, your backgrounds and skills.
Remember to detail your project description as much as possible. This will make it easier for the judges to evaluate it. Use an illustrative and clear approach to showcase your solution and highlight its contribution and added value to the defined challenge and add any other relevant documentation your project may require.
Make sure your team uploads the deliverables on the platform until the 4th March!
⏱Pre Selection 5th March - 12th March
Our Jury will analyse each project description and documentation submitted and select the 10 best teams that will compete in the development phase. Our judges will consider innovation potential, problem-solution fit and progress & functionality. Visit the Prizes section or the Rules to get more familiar with the Evaluation criteria. The finalists will be announced in the TAIKAI platform in the "Updates" section and by email on the 12th of March.
Each selected team will get a Microsoft Azure Credit of 500$ to be able to build its solution. You will have two days to set all up before starting developing your project.
⏱Development Phase 15th March – 21st March
If you're among the 10 selected teams, your team will compete during this week against another other 9 for the prizes! This is the stage where you'll develop your prototype and submit all the material it requires until 11.59pm of the 21st March. Make sure you:
- Update your TAIKAI Project Description and add the final section:
6. Conclusions and Results
- Develop a short video - You can explain your idea in your own words or showcase your prototype/ MVP, explain the team’s thinking process that led to your solution, and have each team member speak on their own contribution. Make it interesting and creative - this is an opportunity to pass your team spirit and the potential of your solution to the judges. Don't worry, we won't be judging you on your video editing skills, we will care about the content and what is presented (Max. 5m video);
- Upload any other relevant documentation.
- If there is any code or documentation, please submit it to GitHub and share with us the project link.
⏱Deliberation Period and Pitch Presentation 22nd March - 24th March
During these days the jury will analyse each project and on the 24th you will have the chance to pitch your solution to the jury in a live event.
⏱Winner Announcement - 25th March
The jury will announce the winning team.