- Rules are subject to change. Rules will be finalized by the start of BitHacks.
- Abide by the MLH Code of Conduct
- Everyone must sign up with a Taikai account (NOT one person per team). We will send an email to all participants containing information to sign up before the event begins.
- Must currently be a student in high school or an undergraduate program.
- If you are a special case, please contact us at [email protected] (for example, if you are between the age of 19 and 22, and are neither in high school, nor in an undergraduate program).
- Can work as an individual or with up to 3 more teammates (up to 4 people total, including you)
- Teams that include a combination of both high school and undergraduate students cannot compete in these categories: Best High School Hack and Best Undergraduate Hack.
- The project should have the ability to solve a social problem.
- Artificial Intelligence (machine learning, NLP, speech processing, etc.) must be used as the base of the project (in other words, the main part of the project).
- Both software and hardware projects will be accepted.
- Each team can submit their project for only one category
- Teams containing both high school and undergraduate students can only apply for the Main prize
- All teams are eligible for this category. The overall winner and the 2nd through 6th place teams of this category will receive prizes.
- Best Undergraduate Hack:
- Teams that are composed of only undergraduate students are eligible for this category. The overall winner of this category will receive a prize. Team members must be 18+ years of age in order to receive the prize associated with this category.
- Best High School Hack:
- Teams that are composed of only high school students are eligible for this category. The overall winner of this category will receive a prize. The overall winner of this category will receive prizes.
- Best AR/VR Hack powered by echoAR:
- All teams are eligible for this category, but only projects that use the echoAR platform will be considered. echoAR is giving all teams free business-tier access to their platform. Projects will be assessed and winners will be chosen by the CEO and CTO of echoAR. If teams need help using this platform, real-time support will be provided through their Slack channel.
- Register here to access the echoAR platform: https://console.echoar.xyz/#/auth/register-hackathon?code=BitHacks
- Projects must be created and submitted from the ‘Projects’ tab
- Only one group members should create and submit the project (you can add team members within the project, so everyone gets credit)
- Projects must be finished by 9:00 am PST on June 26, 2020.
- Projects Submissions must include this (IMPORTANT):
- A short and concise description of the social problem your project is addressing/solving
- A short and concise description of how you integrated AI into your project (Please make this description short. You will be able to explain further in the video)
- Provide a video with a maximum length of 3 minutes that includes project demonstration, further explanation, etc. of your project.
- If you used Wolfram Technology in your project, please mention this.
- Projects will be judged on the following judging criteria (does not apply to 'Best AR/VR Hack' category):
- Social Impact (25%)
- General positive impact or in relationship to the city and community.
- Creativity (25%)
- How innovative is this idea, and how did you come up with it?
- Implementation of AI (25%)
- How is AI being used? To what extent is AI being implemented?
- Scalability (15%)
- Does this product work when applied outside of a hackathon setting?
- Functionality (10%)
- Is the project functional? Does this solution solve the problem it's intended for?
- More info will be added later
- Participant voting will take place from 10 am PST on June 26, 2020 to 8 am PST on June 27, 2020
- Judge voting will take place from 10 am PST to 11:59 pm PST on June 27, 2020
- Participants will receive 100 tokens each and judges will receive 10,000 tokens each to vote on projects during the voting periods.