Q: Is BitHacks free?
A: Yes! BitHacks is a non-profit, and hackers pay absolutely nothing to participate and win prizes.
Q: What if I don't know how to code?
A: Anyone can attend regardless of their coding experience. There will be guest speakers and workshops throughout the hackathon that will teach concepts in entrepreneurship and AI, and mentors will be available to answer any questions.
Q: What if I don't have a team?
- Don’t worry! You can either work alone, find teammates using the 'Matchmaking' tab, or find people with similar goals and interests as you through the #Teambuilding channel in our Slack.
- For more info regarding Matchmaking, please check out the Matchmaking guide in the 'Resources' section.
Q: Is there a process to form a team?
- There is no process teams have to complete in order to become “official”.
- However, when one team member creates their team’s project on the Taikai platform, they will be able to add their teammates to the project. For example, let’s say that Billy, Bob, and Joe have formed a team. When Bob creates the team’s project, he will be able to add Billy and Joe to it. In order to do this, you and your teammates must be signed up through Taikai using the link sent from [email protected] If you have not done this already, please do so as soon as possible, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding this.
- Please check out the 'TAIKAI-BitHacks-Participant-Guide.pdf' in the 'Resources' section for more info.
Q: How will webinars (workshops and guest speakers) be hosted?
- Webinars will be hosted on Zoom and will hold a maximum of 100 attendees. The day before a set of webinars occur, we will send an email containing forms that will allow you to sign-up for the webinars you would like to attend.
- An hour before the webinar begins, we will send a Zoom link to the email address you entered in the sign-up form.
- Please join the webinar with your name 5 minutes early so that we can start it on time.
- If you have any questions for the speaker, privately message the specified BitHacks Director so that they can ask it on your behalf. Please make sure that questions include the proper context for the speakers to understand them.
- Please check out the specifics of each webinar in the “Schedule” section of our website at https://www.bithacks.io/ (click on an event in the calendar to view the webinar’s description).
Q: What can I build?
A: Anything using AI that has the potential to have a social impact. Both software and hardware projects will be accepted. Please check out the 'Rules' section for more detailed info regarding project and submission requirements.
Q: Who can attend?
A: If you are in high school or an undergrad, make sure to attend!
Q: Is there a Code Of Conduct?
A: You will be expected to behave appropriately and safely at all times and follow the MLH Code of Conduct.
Still have an unanswered question?
Send us an email at [email protected] or dm one of the Co-Lead Directors through the BitHacks Slack. If you have a Taikai-related issue, you can email [email protected]