The Carbon Neutral Initiative is a Jamaica born company founded to tackle Global Environmental Issues and help countries reach Paris Agreement Commitments and Sustainable Development Goals through the creation of climate resilient technologies and circular economy strategies. We create solutions to Energy Security, Carbon Emissions, Air pollution and Soil Degradation for Agriculture and Forest land. Our vision is to help create a more sustainable energy solution that will not only lower transportation carbon emissions but also create a greater sense of energy security. Scaling our organization would greatly achieve our goals while falling in alignment with SDG 7: Affordable and Clean Energy and SDG 13: Climate Action.
- Over 84 percent of the world's energy comes from fossil fuels. Of which, more than 45 percent of petrol refined globally is used in transportation. Most nations are gets over 80% of its total energy from oil, natural gas, all of which are fossil fuels. We depend on those fuels to heat our homes, run our vehicles, power industry and manufacturing, and provide us with electricity. Fossil Fuels continue as the main energy source for the transportation sector, but the percentage share falls slightly from 96% in 2020 to 92% in 2050. The volume of total transportation sector liquid fuels consumption is projected to be about the same in 2050 as in 2022.The most widely used blend of petrol for transportation is E10 biofuel which is 10-12% ethanol. The energy content of ethanol is about 33% less than pure unleaded. Economy varies depending on the amount of denaturant that is added to the ethanol. In general, vehicle fuel economy may decrease by about 3% when using E10. E10 petrol's higher bioethanol content is corrosive to rubber parts, gaskets, seals, metals and plastics, which causes engine damage, so it could dislodge deposits in older engines and fuel systems, causing blockages. Price of petroleum continues to raise
The D30 fuel is a semi-synthetic Bio fuel designed to be more sustainable than E10. The D30 has a higher energy density, Offsets up to three times more carbon than E10, uses more complex synthetic biofuels and less petrol resulting in a more environmentally friendly and cost-effective transportation fuel that burns cleaner but cheaper than its predecessor. This solution is formulated to be environmentally friendly and more cost effective than the currently used solution in effort to lower fossil fuel dependency and energy budget. With expertise from petroleum engineers, environmentalists, economists along with partnerships with organizations in the energy sector and funding, we can change the conversation about energy and the environment
- The D30 Fuel Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions by a minimum of 10 to 15 Percent as compared to E10 that reduces emissions by 5 to 7 percent. That is a reduction of more than 3 times the carbon E10 does, significantly lowering carbon footprint.
- The D30 as a lower production cost than E10 which creates more revenue. Fuel prices are always raising. Over 64 countries around the world use E10 petrol and most government refineries operate at a loss in to prevent public outcry or revolt over high fuel prices and this is especially true for areas with cold climates which requires fuel for heating purposes. Our innovation is able to be implemented very quickly being that there is no need for new infrastructure, any refinery that produces E10 is fully capable of producing D30
- D30 fuel is more energy dense as such it has a higher energy output than E10 thus requires less refills which is better for the fuel economy of vehicles and gives more value per liter as such can go for a higher price yet saves more cents per liter to refine than E10.
- D30 fuel is more compatible with other vehicles because it does not posses’ properties with corrosive combustion as oppose to E10 that is limited to certain vehicles and still cause damage over time because of the corrosive nature of ethanol combustion
- This innovation has a massive potential for impact. This innovation outclasses the performance and impact of the competing E10 petrol. With our partners at Cambridge CleanTech, we were able to get law consultation and we are undergoing process to start patenting soon.
The technology behind the D30 fuel is simple. We use similar concepts from how E10 is manufactured and made it so much better using a new application. The D30 Fuel uses more complex synthetic bio fuels and less petrol in a patented unique blend resulting in a cleaner fuel that has a higher energy density than E10 thus making it a fuel of higher value. The Governments of the world has made pledges to be Net Neutral by 2030 yet over 84 percent of the world's energy comes from fossil fuels of which More than 45 percent of petrol made is used in transportation. We created this solution to support the transition to net zero.D30 fuel is more compatible with other vehicles because it does not posses’ properties with corrosive combustion as oppose to E10 that is limited to certain vehicles and still cause damage over time because of the corrosive nature of ethanol combustion. The emissions of yesterday is tomorrows problem, the phasing out of combustion vehicles to electric vehicles will still take far too long, there are still billions of tons of CO2 from the transport sector being produced each day. This innovation helps countries realistically step away from petrol.
Any refinery that produces E10 can produce D30 as such No need for new infrastructure his innovation is applicable to B2B (Oil companies and Service stations), B2G (Governments).
- Founder, CEO and Inventor: Damani Thomas is an Environmental Scientist, Inventor and upcoming Entrepreneur. He is the Founder and CEO of Carbon Neutral Jamaica and leads the development and creation of various revolutionary and sustainable eco-friendly innovations. He leads all plans in product design and future development, engineering and manufacturing. He is preparing to launch this company that focuses on aiding our combat against social, economic and environmental factors that are a great issue in our society today. Majoring in Environmental Chemistry and Engineering, he is the creator of the Carbon Attack Filter and D30 Biofuel.
COO, Communications Lead and PRO: Majoring in International Relations she is a Founding member of our team. Valentina Nicholson in charge of an organization's communications, public relations, and public affairs. The PRO is in charge of organizing and coordinating all PR events and media relations for Carbon Neutral Initiative. Volentina is pursuing a Bachelor's of Science degree in International Relations with an emphasis on her interest in linguistic, geography and international law which is very effective for secretary competences and research writing as well as speech related roles.
- Web Developer, Researcher: Our esteemed Researcher, Administrator and Web developer Aaliyah Noble is pursuing a BSc in Mechatronics Engineering. We developed an interest in energy generation as such she started on the Energy Security team however, she is now a core member. Aaliyah is in charge of overseeing research programs in order to achieve specified goals. They are responsible for determining research objectives, developing methods, and establishing budgets for the organization.
- Mentor and Chemical Engineer: Abby Hentges has a Chemical Engineering degree from Colorado School of Mines, and is nearly finished with her Masters of Science in Energy Policy and Climate from Johns Hopkins University. She has had roles in the traditional oil and gas sector and the renewables sector with Shell Oil Company. In these roles she conducted process safety analyses, technical modeling of oil, gas, and renewables systems, financial modeling of renewables systems, and she helped to lead a company-wide grassroots organization for the energy transition. She now works as a senior engineering consultant for Luminate LLC conducting both engineering and financial due diligence for many types of renewables projects.