Problem: Congestion problems in some tourist attractions cause disturbing privacy problems, risks to life, property, and sanctuary such as coronavirus and so on. Tourists travel inconvenienced. In the corner of the attraction, there may be tourist problems beyond the tourism capacity, causing damage to the places.
Idea: We recommend nearby attractions which are less overcrowded. This will also diversify income and stimulate the economy, as well as track the location in real-time for comfort, privacy, and security of users.
How: use GNSS signals to make the analysis more accurate and use Open Service Navigation Massage Authentication. To increase the reliability of the information, whether it is the target location. User's location The route to the destination and the use of Galileo HAS to increase the high accuracy of positioning.
EU GNSS technologies (Galileo)
We use Galileo to track user location, find tourist spots near users in real-time, and navigate user accuracy, speed and security. If users are out of the way or stay in the same location for more than 24 hours, the system will contact the emergency contact person registered by the user. Moreover, our application has an SOS function for checking, so police or related officers can help immediately. In addition, the application will analyze the population's capacity and predict the weather as well. By adopting Open Service Navigation Message Authentication (OSNMA), users' coordinates, attractions, hotels, shops, restaurants, and routes are more reliable. Besides using Galileo HAS as a highly accurate location, our app is used both for road navigation and tourism navigation, such as in forest areas or mountains.
1. Nuttamol Janmanee
Role : steps 1,2,3,4 and management
Bio: an information technologist, graduated in geography , an expert in GNSS, GIS, RS, Python, and database.
2. Lor.Techeen Bhumithadadech
Role : steps 1,2,7
Bio: an aerospace engineer who is an expert in business plan, technique, and design.
3. Chatjakkrit Janyasuthiwong
Role : steps 1,2,8
Bio: an aerospace engineer who is an expert in design, UX/UI, and overview.
4. Suwarin Pattanachuanchom
Role : steps 1,2,5
Bio: an aerospace engineer who is an expert in business plan, project management, and details.
5. Kun Lerttanaaree
Role : steps 1,2,6
Bio: an aerospace engineer who is an expert in project management, summarization, innovation, and advertisement.
The 9-Step Framework
The 9-Step Framework is a set of guidelines that will help you to better describe your ideas and project. Please note that you should fill in the information for each step and delete the bullet points that are meant to guide you through the process.
Step 1 - Oneliner
Step 2 - Solution and Use case
- Congestion problems in some tourist attractions cause disturbing privacy problems, risks to life, property, and sanctuary such as coronavirus and so on. Tourists travel inconvenienced. In the corner of the attraction, there may be tourist problems beyond the tourism capacity, causing damage to the places.
- We recommend nearby attractions which are less overcrowded. This will also diversify income and stimulate the economy, as well as track the location in real-time for comfort, privacy, and security of users.
- We use Galileo to track user location and tourist spot location from the check-in of the local store to collect the coordinates in the database (cloud system). Then the application will analyze the population's capacity, as well as advise nearby attractions and navigate. It displays through the application in the form of a map, number, and symbol.
- Compared with other travel applications such as Tripdio, Google Trips, TAGTHAi, Tripadvisor, Road trippers, our platform uses the advantage of GNSS and Galileo to provide more precise coordinate data and highly integrated management. (20% improved accuracy)
Step 3 - Use of GNSS
Our apps use GNSS to:
- Get coordinates for the user's position and display it in real-time
- Find nearby attractions, hotels, shops, and restaurants (800m by GoodWalk survey) from the user's current location.
- Navigate users to places they pin to go as quickly, privately, and safely as possible.
- Verify the user's safety. If the user is out of the way or in the same position for more than 24 hours, the system will contact the emergency contact person registered by the user or the SOS button where the user can press for help and have the system contact the tourist police (1155), police patrol and special operations (191) in the area and send the user's location to assist promptly.
- Check the number of people in a particular attraction, supplementing the information to increase accuracy. In addition to statistical data on the number of tourists in different locations each day, we also bring in GNSS to help us make our analysis more accurate.
- Check the weather conditions at the user's present location and the pinned destination to see if they are suitable for travel. (You can see the picture below for more technical details)
Step 4 - Specific use of Galileo
- Our application has adopted Open Service Navigation Message Authentication (OSNMA) to increase coordinate reliability. In addition, the location of users, attractions, hotels, shops, restaurants, and routes for accuracy, speed and security.
- Besides using Galileo HAS as a highly accurate location, our app is used both for road navigation and tourism navigation, such as in forest areas or mountains.
Step 5 - Market potential
Local Place (B2B) e.g. hotel, restaurant, tourist attraction : recommend places for users
Company or government sector which promotes tourism (B2B) : recommend local places for users
- Tourism Council of Thailand ; TCT
- Thai Ecotourism and Adventure Travel Association ; TEATA
- Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau (Public Organization) ; TCEB
Car rental (B2B) : recommend car rental
Traveloka, Agoda (B2B) : get promotion, discount
1-month (30-day) free trial -for every feature
After 1-month -Users must pay ***baht for some features (recommend top-rated day trips, hotel/food discount and deal)
TAM 3M Tourist in Songkla (https://mots.go.th/more_news_new.php?cid=594)
SAM 1.6M Tourist in Hat Yai (https://openjicareport.jica.go.jp/pdf/11707189_01.pdf)
SOM 0.16M (163K) 10% potential customer
Choosing Hat Yai first because it is familiar to me. I’d like to conserve and make it well-known. Besides, some provinces such as Chiangmai and Phuket already have lots of tourists.
Competitors Tripdio, Google Trips, TAGTHAi, Tripadvisor, Road trippers
Our platform takes advantage of GNSS and Galileo to provide more precise coordinate data and highly integrated management.
(You can see the picture below for more details)
Step 6 - Innovation factor
- program that can track the number of people in tourist attractions (real-time).
- provide safety
- notification (can be turned off)
- when users go to indirect routes
- notification appears (recommend right routes)
- if users didn’t move for 24 hours (the application will notify us)
- notification appear to ask about your safety
- if we haven’t received your answer or you ask for help we will send a notification to your close friend or any persons you provide us
- if you have any emergencies situations, we can call emergency numbers for you
Product - Our application concept "Safety, Comfort and Privacy will be our priority for tourism"
Phase 1 - start with small groups, let them know how they get benefits from using our program. Check if this application solves problems or not. (at first, our application main point is to recommend attractions to go, show population capacity and notification within restricted place)
Phase 2 - Next step is to promote by
- Make it visible to many people show by showing this in app stores, play stores, and other platforms
- Providing information to officers so they can recommend the application to tourists
- Inform this application to the community on social websites
Phase 3 - Continue to develop the program, add other functions
- weathers prediction, trip adjusting (sequence places to go)
- application stability
Add value to existing market
- options add
- co-worker with other companies such as Traveloka, Agoda(provides airline ticketing and hotel booking services).
- restaurant and souvenir advice
Big picture - We want our app to be all in one tourism application that can provide many things such as similar places, places information, guide adviser hire a guide, and meeting zone for unfamiliar people
Business model - Lodestar all in one tourism attraction we get information from
(You can see the picture below for more details)
Step 7 - Technical back-end
Back-end : We utilize Python as our primary programming language. This application will work in two areas which are security and travel advice.
Develop plan :
Recommended attractions close to their current location
Recommended less overcrowded places
Security: Notify users if they deviate from a pinned destination and if they have been stationary for more than 24 hours
Introduced the iconic surfing places in each festival. Locals are being written to recommend tourism spots and activities
Offers various recommended trips (one-stop service). There is a weather alert for what kind of travel is appropriate.
Our application uses the Galileo system to collect coordinates from the user’s cell phone, then the data will be collected in a cloud system. System analysis information with real-time track location display through an application with a simple user interface.
We use Galileo to track user location and tourist spot location from the check-in of the local store to collect the location in the database (cloud system) display through the application, which in ios and android systems.
Application flow: Let tourists or locals fill out their information, including consent to tracking for user safety. When you come to the main page, there will be seasonal trip advice such as Songkran, and the displayed trip with local activity, or recommend tourist attractions. If there is a trip which you have planned before, you will fill in the province/region to go. If you don't have any plan we will advise the trip from the preferences of the person (eg. chill, adventure, nature, Thai heritage) then our application will check the number of people in the attractions. If there are many people, the app will introduce tourist attractions, restaurants, and activities from local people or places near users for convenience. We will have GPS navigation from Galileo to create routes and safety tracks throughout the journey. The new route is only available if the user refuses to return and remains out of track or freezes for more than 24 hours, the application will warn a user. If a user doesn't receive a response, their Location will be sent to the person whom the user wants to contact in an emergency. Moreover, our application has an SOS function (tel: 191,1155) so police or related officers can help immediately. Finally, when you reach your destination, there will be check-in or review to allow other users to visit and support sustainable community tourism.
(Ps.more about application flow is in application flow picture)
Step 8 - Proof of concept
This application tells the density of people in tourist attractions in real-time and provides safety to users. They are there to help guide tourists and facilitate finding attractions. And keep alerting the density of tourists in each place To provide tourists with real-time awareness and preparation so that they do not miss out on the opportunity to travel due to the excessive number of people and safety that will help the user not deviate from the pinned target. With convenience and safety ,Check the safety of the user. If the user is out of the way or stays in the same location for more than 24 hours, it will contact the user's registered emergency contact or the SOS button that the user can press for help. And let the system contact the Tourist Police (1155), Patrol Police and Special Operations (191) in the area and send the user's location. in order to provide assistance in a timely manner that will help the user not deviate from the pinned target. with convenience and safety will keep track of users in use
There are 2 commercial possibilities for our app.
- Accommodation / Restaurants / Shops: We will deal with this group. to promote sales through the application
- App user groups: We will start promoting the app by giving users 30-day for the free use of the app with every feature, then will start paying. There are also special privileges for various expenses. Whether it's accommodation, restaurants, etc.
This app will work in 2 phases: safety and travel advice.
It uses GNSS signals to make the analysis more accurate.
1.1) There will be a notification when the app user goes out of the way from the pinned destination
1.2) Alerts will be issued if the position has not moved for more than 24 hours.
1.3) Weather alerts will be issued. that is suitable for any type of tourism
2. Travel advice
2.1) Recommended attractions near the current location
2.2) Recommend tourist attractions with less crowd density
2.3) Introduce outstanding attractions at each festival.
2.4) Local people are encouraged to write about activities in tourist attractions.
2.5) Guided trips are organized
Using Open Service Navigation Massage Authentication. To increase the reliability of the information, whether it is the target location. User's location The route to the destination and the use of Galileo HAS to increase the high accuracy of positioning.
As for the working principle:
We will start with a sample group. Use our application and look forward to the feedback of this use. Then came to fix and improve.
The working steps are as follows.
- May register with Facebook, Google, email, or check-in.
- The app will show you the places you want to visit, nearby attractions within that radius (800 meters from the GoodWalk survey), and monitor the weather as well.
- Alert when the density of people in that place decreases.
We will continually develop the application for convenience. and efficiency in the use of real users
Step 9 - Team
- Nuttamol Janmanee is an information technologist who graduated in the geometry field. She is an expert in GNSS, GIS, RS, Python, and databases.
- Lor Techeen Bhumithadadech is an aerospace engineer who is an expert in business planning, technique, and design.
- Chatjakkrit Janyasuthiwong is an aerospace engineer who is an expert in design, UX/UI, and overview.
- Suwarin Pattanachuanchom is an aerospace engineer who is an expert in business planning, project management, and details.
- Kun Lerttanaaree is an aerospace engineer who is an expert in project management, summarization, innovation, and advertisement.