💎 Idea: Monitoring of water resources state
Nowadays there are a lot of problems with clean and healthy water not only for it's natural purpose(drinking and making food) but for growing and cultivation purposes. Water quality directly affects condition of vegetables and fruits that are grown across the whole world. Outcome of poor water comes from careless attitude to water quality standards and our mission is to provide monitoring of water resources state. This will help agronomists optimize land usage and watering.
🛰️ EU space technologies
We will use COPERNICUS AND GALILEO for gathering data about land and water to generate reports and advice for agronomists who are in demand. Our application will help agronomists optimize land usage and adhere to water quality standards.
Data Gathering and Sources:
- COPERNICUS: This European Earth Observation program provides a wealth of information about the Earth's environment. It includes data from satellites, atmospheric monitoring, and land-based sensors. These resources can be harnessed to obtain real-time information about various environmental parameters.
- GALILEO: The European Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) provides precise positioning and timing information. Combining this data with COPERNICUS allows for comprehensive insights into the state of land and water resources.
Key Environmental Data:
1. Water Quality: The system collects data related to water quality parameters. These may include measurements of pH, turbidity, temperature, dissolved oxygen, and the presence of contaminants such as heavy metals or pathogens.
2. Land and Soil Characteristics: Information regarding soil composition, moisture levels, and land use patterns is essential for agronomists. This data assists in understanding which crops are suitable for specific areas and guides land management decisions.
3. Climate and Weather Data: COPERNICUS data encompass meteorological information, aiding in the prediction of weather patterns. Agronomists can use this information for precise irrigation scheduling and crop management.
4. Spatial Data: Satellite imagery and GNSS data offer precise location and mapping capabilities, enabling agronomists to identify land boundaries, irrigation systems, and other critical elements for optimizing land usage.
⛑️ Space for International Development & Humanitarian Aid
Our solution falls under the 2nd category:
Challenge #2 Strengthening food security & access to clean water
The idea of monitoring water resources state addresses the following challenges and contributes to solving problems in international development and humanitarian aid:
1. Access to Clean Water: Ensuring access to clean and safe drinking water is a fundamental challenge in many parts of the world. Monitoring water resources helps in maintaining water quality standards, which is crucial for ensuring that people have access to clean and safe drinking water. This directly contributes to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 6 (Clean Water and Sanitation) by providing the necessary data to improve water quality.
2. Food Security: The quality of water used for irrigation significantly impacts the growth and quality of crops. Monitoring water resources' state can help farmers and agronomists optimize land usage and watering, which is essential for increasing agricultural productivity and achieving food security (Sustainable Development Goal 2).
3. Environmental Sustainability: Inefficient use of water resources and contamination of water bodies can have detrimental effects on the environment. Monitoring helps in maintaining the health of aquatic ecosystems and conserving water resources, which is vital for achieving Sustainable Development Goal 15 (Life on Land) and Sustainable Development Goal 14 (Life Below Water).
By addressing these challenges, the idea of monitoring water resources state not only contributes to international development and humanitarian aid goals but also promotes a more sustainable and environmentally responsible approach to managing one of the Earth's most precious resources.
Introducing Team 'Moncrise'
🚀 Meet the Brains Behind the Space-Tech Innovation 🚀
At 'Moncrise,' we believe that innovation knows no bounds, and our team embodies this spirit as we aim to make a cosmic impact. We bring together a dynamic trio of tech-savvy, forward-thinking engineers who are not just coding enthusiasts but are genuinely passionate about creating transformative solutions for international development and humanitarian aid. Our unique blend of skills and expertise sets the stage for groundbreaking projects that leverage space technologies for the betterment of humanity.
🌌 Ihor Lysak - The Cosmic Architect
- With Next.js and React.js in his arsenal, Ihor Lysak is the visionary full-stack engineer who crafts the digital cosmos. Whether it's translating concepts into code or designing captivating user interfaces, Ihor adds the element of cosmic creativity to every project. His skills in HTML & CSS, Figma, and Photoshop are the constellations that bring ideas to life.
🛰️ Ihor Marchenko - The Code Voyager
- Navigating through the realms of technology, Ihor Marchenko, our full-stack engineer, is the Django expert who is at home with Pandas and React.js. His analytical prowess is unmatched, and his code is the guiding star in data-driven missions. Like a true explorer, he deciphers complexities and translates them into actionable solutions.
🪐 Illia Gavryliuk - The Tech Alchemist
- The multi-faceted tech guru of our team, Illia Gavryliuk, is the full-stack engineer who weaves magic with Spring Framework, React.js, Angular, Express.js, Flask, and HTML & CSS. He is the alchemist who can turn complex ideas into practical applications. His proficiency in Figma and Photoshop ensures the visual and interactive aspects of our projects are truly out of this world.
Together, we form 'Moncrise' a team not just devoted to the craft of coding but to the noble cause of harnessing space technologies to drive international development and humanitarian aid. Our mission is to unlock the vast potential of space and technology for the betterment of our world, and we're excited to embark on this cosmic journey with Cassini Hackathons.
🌠 Join us as we reach for the stars, with code as our spacecraft, to make a difference that resonates across the galaxies!🌠