We selected Challenge #1 Enabling cross-terrain mobility.
We identified the problem by doing on-site interview in the Veszprem garrison. The colonel phrased an extract use case of deploying a ground-air defense system on a territory originally not under the control of the Hungarian Defense forces - so there is no in-situ location knowledge .
This lead to a conclusion that the Hungarian Defense Forces needs an off-road routing planning system with a quality evaluation on various terrain, which is capable on route planning based on vehicle characteristic and ever-changing terrain.
Key Assumptions (connecting value to problem)
- Does not need external update like built-in car navigation systems, software updates itself regularly _if_ it can access the terrain data source
- Does consider off-road routes, which the current GPS solutions does not
- Considers terrain changes
- Focus on non-commercial usage
A "Safe Route Solution", which:
- Off-road planning
- Terrain quality evaluation
MVP product: a navigation algorithm that runs on any device.
Later a dedicated hardware can be developed.
- Blue Force Tracking
- Car Log System
- WinTak (ATAK)
🛰️ EU space technologies
Sentinel-2: Part of the Copernicus Programme, Sentinel-2 is an Earth observation satellite mission that provides high-resolution optical imagery, including multispectral data, for land and coastal area monitoring, agriculture, and natural disaster management.
Sentinel-3: Another component of the Copernicus Programme, Sentinel-3 focuses on ocean and land monitoring. It carries multiple instruments, including an Ocean and Land Colour Instrument (OLCI) for measuring ocean color, vegetation, and atmospheric aerosols, and a Sea and Land Surface Temperature Radiometer (SLSTR) for measuring sea and land surface temperature.
Out team contains 4 members:
- Member 1: Technical architecture, data analysis, coding
- Member 2: Security, technical and financial feasibility analysis
- Member 3: Business analysis, roadmap, data analysis, UI/UX
- Member 4: Technical architecture, coding